A concise photo album of the recent trip of Shaykh Muhammad Imdad Hussain Pirzada to Samarqand and Bukhara in Uzbekistan from 1st to 4th October 2019.
Shaykh Pirzada made this trip to complete his commentary to Sahih al-Bukhari and write the final words to the tenth volume sitting beside the blessed grave at the mausoleum of Imam al-Bukhari (ra) in Khartang, near Samarqand.
Some glimpses and memories from his journey are presented here.
His journey included the following visits in Samarqand:
1. Mausoleum of Imam al-Bukhari (ra) and entry to the room beneath, in which the actual grave is situated. Here Shaykh Pirzada completed his commentary ‘Imdad al-Bukhari fi Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari’.
2. Imam al-Bukhari Masjid and Complex, and the Imam al-Bukhari International Scientific & Intellectual Research Centre, and the museum.
3. Mausoleum of the Imam of the Ahlus Sunnah, Imam Abu Mansur al-Maturidi (ra).
4. Mausoleum complex of the Companion of the holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), namely Qutham ibn Abbas (ra), known locally as the Shah-i-Zinda (Living King).
5. Registan where the three historic madrasas are situated; Ulugh Beg Madrasa, Sher-Dor Madrasa and Tilla-Kori Madrasa.
6. Mausoleum of Amir Muhammad Timur (Tamerlane), known locally as Gur-e-Amir (Tomb of the King).
7. Ulugh Beg Observatory of the scientist Mirza Ulugh Beg.
His journey included the following visits in Bukhara:
1. Mausoleum of Shaykh Bahauddin Naqshband (ra).
2. Kalyan Minaret and Mosque.
3. Mir-e-Arab Madrasa still running as an educational institution since the past 500 years.